Conneqtion Disaster Recovery Plan leveraging OCI services can help reduce the cost related to RTO and RPO, as compared to meeting RTO and RPO requirements on premises. For instance, a conventional oracle disaster recovery approach would need the following requirements:
- Capacity – Total number of resources for a scalable solution.
- Security – Offering security to safeguard physical assets.
- Network Infrastructure – Including but not limited to firewalls and load balancers.
- Support – Identify, assess and availability of skilled workforce to perform scheduled maintenance in a timely manner.
- Bandwidth – Suitable bandwidth to manage peak load.
Uses of Oracle Cloud Disaster Recovery
A comprehensive disaster recovery strategy can help your business in the following ways:
- Rapid Resolution – Irrespective of the type of attack/disaster, a good DR strategy can help the business return to normalcy, without jeopardizing data or financial transactions.
- Data Protection – It is important to mitigate the risk of data loss and a comprehensive DR plan will ensure that by reducing the downtime.
- Avoid Compliance Issues – Various industries have compliance laws that need to be adhered to, in terms of data storage and protection.
- Repeat Customers – A robust DR plan can help businesses meet their SLAs, every single time and offer an exceptional customer experience, which often results in repeat business.
Explore Conneqtion’s Disaster Recovery Process
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), RTO (Recovery Time Objective) and RPO (Recovery Point Objective) are two critical metrics that define the resilience and data protection capabilities of a disaster recovery (DR) strategy.
Conneqtion recommends having backups in cross region and local peer region to avoid any downtimes.
The timeline will depend on various factors like number of integrations, objects in the database, VBCS application, PCS application, APEX applications.
Transform your technology and revolutionize your business.
Get in touch with us today to explore how we can help drive efficiency and create value.