Seamless Oracle EBS to Oracle Cloud Migration for Mphasis Ltd
Our client is a publicly listed Indian multinational IT services and consulting giant based in India and has more than 60 delivery centers across 19 countries like India, China, Australia, North America, Australia, UK, Japan and more.
The company offers IT and applications outsourcing services along with application development and integration, architecture advisory, and application management services.
Their expertise has helped multiple clients across several industries like financial services, logistics, telecom, manufacturing, technology, and more. It is one of the Fortune India 500 companies, awarded in 2019.
Our client was moving from Oracle EBS to Oracle Cloud and looking for a dynamic custom application to help their 6500+ suppliers to get paid on time and also move supplier data from EBS to Oracle Cloud with our end-to-end migration service to ensure complete data accuracy and swift data migration to the Cloud.
The challenges revolved around these pain points:
➤ Oracle Fusion was configured for 3-way matching in AP but the requirement from the business was to have 2-way matching for Vendor Portal. The requirement was not to stop vendors until receipt was created. Hence this custom Vendor Portal solution will allow invoice creation without a receipt being created.
➤ Custom Approval Notifications.
➤ Dynamic Approval Engine.
➤ Attachments to be stored into a separate cloud system.
➤ To handle large volumes of transactions.
➤ For Government compliance, it was necessary that all Oracle Fusion data must be synced daily in the local India server.
➤ To pay all the suppliers on time as per agreed payment terms.
➤ The requirement to move from on-premises Oracle EBS to Oracle Cloud to reduce total cost of ownership and to stay updated with the software, security, and technology.
➤ To reduce manual entry errors and the need for services to eliminate dependencies and resource drain.
➤ To streamline and transfer part of the workflow to vendors to enhance information accuracy, organize documents, automate processes, handle payment disputes, enhance two-way communication and a need for updated status.
Conneqtion Consulting implemented a unique Vendor Portal solution considering all the challenges mentioned above for our client. It has helped the client in reducing the total cost of maintenance, offering an equally easy to use portal for vendors with transparency to all the stakeholders while being complaint to the local government laws.
The solution proposed by Conneqtion includes:
- Developing custom role-based application for suppliers and accounts payable team which would follow 2-way matching.
- The invoices created will follow dynamic approvals which are configured and maintained in the custom database.
- Once approved, they would be sent to Newgen (AP Billing system) where 3-way matching would be done.
- Invoices matched in Newgen would then flow to Oracle AP through integrations.
- Created custom integrations to load data into Oracle Fusion.
- We proposed creating custom BI reports for daily data sync in the local server to meet Government compliance.
Some unique features of this solution include:
- Showing PDF Viewer in the same window, side-by-side, so the users can match the invoice copy against the form.
- Storing the attachment in Oracle Content Management Cloud and exposing these attachments through link.
- Custom field level validations based on PO.
- Approval routing engine, Invoices are sent to a custom role as the first approver and this custom role has the capacity to route approvals to different teams depending on region, amount, and other factors.
➤ Eliminating the need to create manual invoices to Fusion directly by Business users/Suppliers.
➤ An easy-to-use portal for vendors and AP business users.
➤ The Supplier Portal application can allow a vendor to create and upload invoices and view invoice status at each stage while invoice is being processed.
➤ The application can allow the AP team to view actual invoice copy and compare the information filled by suppliers in a side-by-side view. Moreover, it also enables complete tracking of all invoices.
➤ Ability to process and update vendor information and view complete transaction history.
➤ Handles high volume of transactions:
○ Active Vendors: 6500+
○ Monthly invoices processed using Vendor Portal: 2500+
○ Monthly invoices integrated to Oracle Fusion: 7500+
Key Contributors to Success
➤ Understanding and eliminating business requirements in a timely manner.
➤ A customer-first approach in our solution.
➤ Undertaking end-to-end implementation and providing excellent support after go-live.
➤ Conneqtion is a trusted Oracle PaaS Partner of major companies across multiple sectors including Insurance, Healthcare, Retail, Financial Services etc.
➤ Conneqtion team members’ collaboration and following our core values: consistency, commitment, hardwork, precision, and integrity.
Accounts Payables (AP)
Accounts Receivables (AR)
General Ledger (GL)
PaaS Services Utilized:
OIC, VBCS, ATP and BIP